Tenses | Jamb Lexis and Structure: what are tenses, How can I answer Jamb Use of English Questions on Tenses correctly, what are the different type of tense?.
In this lecture series you will learn all you need to know about Tenses, how you can effectively answer tenses questions with some important textbooks you can use for your effective Jamb Use of English preparation. Enjoy!
I know you are exited to see this, well, that’s what friends are for, just take your time to read through diligently for details…
Before we begin in-dept, we must understand what Tenses is all about, definition and concept behind its Usage.
Time itself is seen as a Universal concept with three dimension: Past time, present time and Future time, that is, it has either occurred, or occurring. In same way Tenses can be represented, tenses can also be Past tense, Present or Past participle, hence, you can say Tense is the correspondence between the finite verb forms and any of the three (3) divisions of time.
Type Of Tenses
- en, e.g. beat, beat, beaten
- unchanged, e.g. hit, hit, hit
- ed, e.g. walk, walked, walked
- changed, e.g. seek, sought, sought
- present and past participle, the same, e.g. come / came / come
Verbs that take ed at the past and past participle levels are referred to as regular verbs. Those that take other forms are called irregular verbs
If you observed closely, there is no Future tense right, well you will understand the reason behind this shortly.
Some Examples of Present Tenses
Their corresponding Past Tenses
Their Respective Past Participle
- A-Z in english by Dele Ashade
- Jamb Use of English Past Question
- download lexis and structure textbook
- lexis and structure questions for junior secondary school
- waec lexis and structure
- Jamb exercise on lexis and structure
Latest posts by Gabriel Elenbalulu (see all)
- How To Check Jamb Result Via Text / SMS 2020/2021 - April 23, 2021
- How Schools Conduct Post UTME For 2021 Admission - April 21, 2021
- Jamb Caps ‘You are not eligible to use this service’? Solution - April 20, 2021